Monday, September 14, 2009

Northmart.... Yes Northmart! FU@&!

Now like everyone other blog on the internet (you know I hear it comes in tubes now..) - I'm going to bitch about the prices here.

This is the world famous Northmart - located conveniently in downtown Iqaluit.

The prices here can be unreal! I was in there today - are here are a few examples that come to the top of the mind when I think of prices;

A 24 of pepsi Down South: $9 in Iqaluit: $35

and its not just food stuffs;

Sofa Leather Omni (the kind you would get as a set of 3 - its the smallest of the 3)

regular $1199. on sale 899.
3 shelf pressboard (the cheapest kinda wood) regular $129.99 on sale $99.99

A cheap ass plastic lamp that you could pick up in a dollar store - for well - a dollar - here, $49

Down south for a 40" LCD HD (1080p) - $899. In Iqaluit a 40" LCD (Not HD) regular 2199.99, on sale 1499.99

And it goes on and on - I could write volumes about the prices - but as in any captive town (no roads in or out) the biggest store has you by the collective balls!!

Enough crying for now, more pics

I included this one to show that they build building on every square inch of the rock.



And here...


More tomorrow - I have to upload over night - take sooo long here