Monday, September 14, 2009

First Impressions

OK, so I've lived in Iqaluit for 2 weeks now, and so far I like it.

It's been cool (ranging from +4 to -2) - which as you know I love the cold! - We saw our first little bit of snow on Friday and over the weekend - didn't stick just a very light frosting really.

For this post I will just give you the basic overview of the town and as the days go on - I'll give more and more details - well hell, as I learn them.

So here's post # 1 - mainly it'll be pics of the town.

More real content in later posts

______________________________________________________________--

This is downtown Iqaluit - population (7000 ish)


Here is the shot of the bay which as you can see from the pic above, is right downtown Iqaluit. Kinda Beachcombers feel isn't it? Cant you see Molly's reach being on this road?



This is some interesting architecture - this space ship looking place is actually a school. It was built in the 70's - notice there are no windows? Kinda reminds me of some of the vacation spa's I've visited ;)

More later - must work now...